Monday, August 24, 2009

Dreams of Solace


TO THE SHADOW OF A REALITY

You are one of my dreams -
good if no one wakes me! -
one of my beautiful candles,
that darkness not cover me.
Fighter for goals so pale,
ice and glass and sharpened steel! 
The brilliant day
I scarce know if the dream will bear.

There is solace in the dream's perfumes,

cool, scarcely perceptible.
Yet I would give them all away
for the earthly real.
Warmth of dear beautiful hands...
I want to love, not fantasize.
Life's ripeness
the dream will never imitate.



This was not meant to be a blog with poetry ... rather with photos.

But I have noticed that it's quite fun to bring
a poem to the image... so there will certainly be more of them.

 (Translated into English by David McDuff in "Karin Boye: Complete poems")

1 comment:

  1. I agree- bringing the poems to your pictures works well- but then I enjoy poetry! A picture can be a poem too- and I enjoy seeing pictures of other places. Have you seen island-i-site blog (on my sidebar). he is in the Scottish isles and marries his own poetry to his photographs.

    ReplyDelete